PPI â€“ Personal & Public Involvement
NICaNÂ is keen to ensure that the perspective of patients and carers is central to all aspects of cancer servicesÂ and cancer care in Northern Ireland. By becoming a Patient and Public Involvement Representative you canÂ getÂ the opportunity to be a part of NICaN and have a voice in shaping cancer services, making a difference to the lives of many people affected by cancer.
Who can get involved?Â
Anyone who has had a diagnosisÂ of cancer; their family members and friends, members of organisations working in cancer; community and minority groupsÂ andÂ members of the public interested in cancer services.
What does it involve?
ItÂ is aboutÂ working in partnership with all thoseÂ providing cancer services.Â You can get involved in a variety of ways including:
- Joining health care professionals to help shape services on our Regional NICaN Groups
- Be available for general consultation on pressing issues when they arise.
- Join the NICaN Readers Panel- readers panel members help us to understand how to create the right information for people affected by cancer.
- Joining our Regional Forum, which includes all organisationsÂ offering help andÂ support toÂ people affected by cancer.
For more information read our guidance below which inlcudes an expression of interest form. If you have any queriesÂ contact NICaN on 028 95363305 or email email@example.com
PPI Useful documents and information
- Patient and Public Involvement in the planning and development of cancer services - Guidance document
- Readers Panel - joining the panel
- Readers Panel - using the panel