Support for Patients
Cancer support services in Trusts
Finding out that you or someone close to you has cancer can be difficult and confusing at any time, the impact of Covid 19 on our health services and daily lives has added to this. You may have concerns and questions and you may be unsure who to speak to.
There is a Macmillan Information and Support Service based at a hospital near you, to help you through all stages of your cancer experience. They work closely with local charity partners to bring you help and support. They take the time to understand you and all that matters to you, so they can help you get the information and support you need.
While some of the centres may be closed their experienced staff are still here listen to your worries and concerns and offer free confidential support and advice, as well as help with practical matters. Sevices available include
- emotional support and a listening ear
- help to answer some of your questions about cancer treatments
- help you access counselling and complementary therapies
- help you access benefits and financial advice services, and other practical help such as transport, or help at home
- signposting to local services such as physical activity programmes specifically for people with cancer.
Click here for latest updates on support available.