The Breast CRG was originally established in 2006 and has been instrumental in developing guidelines and care pathways for the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer. This has included the development and implementation of the Self-Directed Aftercare pathway which aims to support patients to get back to living their lives following treatment for breast cancer, with remote monitoring replacing routine follow up for identified patients.
Meet the Chair
Ms Lynn Darragh is currently a consultant general surgeon with a special interest in oncoplastic breast surgery. She completed her surgical training in Northern Ireland, complimented by a Training Interface Group Fellowship in oncoplastic breast surgery in Newcastle upon Tyne. She has particular interest in improving breast conservation rates through use of therapeutic mammoplasty, along with implant based and autologous reconstruction. She is actively involved in quality improvement and training within the Southeastern Trust.
- Breast clinical reference group Terms of Reference
- Breast cancer pathway
- Breast selfdirected aftercare pathway 2018
- Breast MDM Referral Proforma June 2019
For more information on the NICaN Breast CRG please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tamoxifen Leaflet For women with a family history of breast cancer deciding whether to take tamoxifen for risk reduction
- Raloxifene Leaflet For women with a family history of breast cancer deciding whether to take raloxifene for risk reduction
- Chemoprevention Patient Info Leaflet for those at an increased risk of familial breast cancer
- Anastrozole Leaflet for post-menopausal women with a high risk of breast cancer